Anything's achievable with RunBelievable!
Anything's achievable with RunBelievable!
So after what seems like forever - Runbelievable are ready to go!
We will be working event to event so we ask for your continued patience whilst we wait for the green light from our venues. As most of our events take place on council or forestry commission owned land we have to respect that some of them are still not ready to re-open their gates to events.
All events we get permission to go ahead will be subject to us, and you following strict hygiene and social distancing guidelines (I’m sure you have all now become used to this being a part of everyday life). So as long as we all stick to the rules there will be events, yes they will be different to what we are all used to but it’s a start and we’re sure you’ll agree that it’s better than no events.
1) All of our events (until further notice) will be at a reduced entry limit. This in most cases will be 30%-50% of what would have been our capacity pre Covid. The revised total number of entrants is to aid social distancing and also to abide to the venues own social distancing rules.
2) Medals. Being a new race company we have discussed how we will deal with the financial implications of having to drop the entry limits significantly. To get the medals at a price where we can keep the entry prices where they are, we have to order in bulk but we’re sure you all understand we can’t order 100-150 medals for an event that will have 30-50 runners. So what will we do? We order our medals via SVN and have a small stock of most of our event medals but in some cases we may have less medals than we have places available. In this circumstance we will prioritise, so the earlier you enter the more likely you will be to get the advertised medal if you don’t there will be an alternative available. We will add to each event page once we have confirmed with SVN the entry limit and how many medals are available.
3) While mass start events are not currently allowed, each of our events will have flexible start times. This is how it will work with us, first go say good morning to Kim at registration, then when you are ready to set off let me know and I will find you on the iPad (this is going to be new to me so you will have to be patient) You can run in a group of a maximum of 6 so this means, yes you can still run with your friends but it’s very important that when you are out on the course that if you find your group merging with others that you all do your bit and social distance sticking to the 6 max.
4) Pre-race briefings are currently deemed unnecessary….however, if you are celebrating a milestone run, it’s your birthday, anniversary etc please do let us know as we plan to have some sort of pre-run post/briefing on the Facebook page/group.
5) What do you get at registration? So Pre-Covid you would have got a bar of chocolate with your finishers medal, however as we will for the time being have no food at the aid station we will supply you with a goody bag of snacks which you can either use during the run or take home for recovery snacks. We strongly advise that you bring your own supplies with you as the bags will be random and could very well have that flavour of crisps you really don’t like or that bar you hated in your lunch box at school. We also will not have an alternative for any of you with special dietary requirements so if you have any allergies or are vegan please check before you eat.
6) Bag drop. At any of our events where you can park near the start/finish area we ask that if you have a car you use this as your base camp.There will be a small area designated for bags specifically for those of you who won’t have access to a car. We ask that you use this as your base camp but we also ask that you space yourselves out to avoid any unnecessary contact.
7) Aid station. There will be no aid station as such, just Kim or one of the girls (Amy or Sophie) with jugs of water or juice to refill your bottles. There will also be no table to leave your drinks so again please use your car or bag to keep your drinks.
8) We will not be using lap cards to count your laps, instead we’ll be counting manually so when you come in each lap give us a nod or a wave so we can mark you off. Be sure to have your Number/Name on display so we know who you are. Once you are finished give me a shout and I will stop the clock.
9) Supporters. Again to try to limit interaction we ask that you keep supporters to a minimum and that they try not to mingle around the Start/Finish or registration area. Also if supporters are out on the course ask them to avoid areas where there may be bottlenecks.
10) Effective immediately, we’re amending our fair runners policy, so if you are feeling rough and that means even the slightest sign of any symptoms drop us an Email up to 24 hours prior to the event and we’ll give you a race credit for a future event.
11) Socially distant! No hugs, No handshakes, No high fives etc…. (Sorry!)
12) So to sum up, we are trying to keep you, us and everyone else safe. We don’t have a crystal ball so we know as much as you about what is going to happen tomorrow so we all need to be patient. A word you will hear more often from us race directors that we don’t like using is “no” . We are going through very difficult times but the priority is to follow the guidelines and do our bit to keep everyone safe. Please bear with us and hopefully things will return to normal soon.
Simon + Kim Runbelievable challenges
We hoped for a miracle but it seems unlikely we are going to get one. so what's the plan?
We have had discussion with Traviss of SVN and have agreed that rather than trying to squeeze in more events to what is already going to be a busy time later in the year, to reschedule the first 4 dates to 2021.
As things stand Runbelievable's first event will now be The Black Hugin at Pegwell on September 12th.
So the plan at the moment (obviously could be subject to further changes) is as follows
Viking Marathon - Will move from 16th May to 6th February 2021
Gnome Roam - will move from 17th May to 7th February 2021
Dates for both of these confirmed with TDC.
Next due to medals which have already been purchased and pending confirmation from Jeskyns, we will be moving the first Jeskyns weekend to the second Jeskyns weekend and moving the second weekend to 2021.
Mega Challenge will move from 13th June to 17th October
Jeskyns Challenge will move from 14th June to 18th October
Punk Run will move from 17th October to 10th April 2021
Gothic challenge will move from 18th October to 11 April 2021
Emails will be sent out by the weekend to all of you who have entered.
Hopefully the new dates will work out for those of you who have already entered but we will give you the opportunity to swap events or put a credit in the bank if they don't. As with most of the other challenge event companies we can't offer refunds as medals and fees have already been paid.
We will keep you all posted with any other changes as and when we know.
Keep safe everyone
Simon and Kim
Welcome to RunBelievable Challenges! We are Simon and Kim and Amy and Sophie from sunny Ramsgate, Kent. Between us we have over twelve years running experience. We both started running for general health benefits and fitness. From that first literal step we were hooked!
Simon has gone from strength to strength with his running. After completing his first marathon at Brighton in 2015, he has now completed in excess of 50 marathon/ultras including two 100 mile events and ten 50K in 10 days. Simon is now on his journey to the 100 Marathon Club.
Kim ran her first marathon in Brighton in 2016 and has since gone on to complete 4 more full marathons. Kim set herself a target of a sub 5 for Paris this year and smashed that with 4.34. With the sub 5 goal now completed Kim is now concentrating on half marathon distances which she has always enjoyed and is currently working towards running 12 half marathons in 12 months.
A while ago we were approached by Traviss and Rachel of SVN. We were given a fantastic opportunity to take over some of their venues. After running a fair few (lots and lots!) of their events between us, how could we possibly say no?
And so RunBelievable was born! An exciting new journey we'd love for you to share with us.
As well as the venues, you may have noticed we will also be using SVN's epic medals as well. This also means that any miles run with us, will also count towards your SVN miles if you've already accumulated any with them as well as contributing to the RunBelievable club. And for those of you who have earned an elite number through SVN, never fear you can still use it with us too!
Click the link below to access the SVN website.